Alkaline Ionized Water Uses
Although the primary objective of ionizing your water is for drinking in order to neutralize the acid content of your body with a natural anti-oxidant, ionized water has many other benefits.
Virtually all ionizers have settings which allow the user to produce up to 4 different alkaline waters and 4 different acid waters.
The alkaline waters are often set to produce pH's of 8.0, 9.0, 10.0, and even 11.0 while the acid waters are often set conversely to produce pH's of 6.0, 5.0, 4.0. and even 3.0. In addition to these alkaline and acid water settings, each ionizer includes a setting for purified water at a neutral pH=7.0. This purified water is simply filtered without any ionization.
Strong alkaline water- pH 10 and above
Unfiltered tap water should never be used to wash produce as the chlorine used to treat the water is easily absorbed into fruits and vegetables. We recommend a ten minute soak in 10.5+ alkaline water. The flavor and shelf life of your produce will also improve.
Grease & Stains
Use strong alkaline water to remove grease and stains on your clothes, dishes, floors, carpets, inside your oven, and in your shower. It even removes stubborn stains like coffee, grass, oil, and red wine! Bleach is highly alkaline but unlike bleach, alkaline water is safe for all types of fabric and does not carry an offensive odor, so your clothes come out will come out cleaner, brighter, and smelling fresh when you add a cup to the washer.
Temporary Pain Relief
For an all-natural topical remedy that provides temporary pain relief, try soaking a rag in highly alkaline ionized water and applying it directly to the pain site. The alkaline ionized water works to neutralize inflammation in the muscle and reduce oxidation which is a byproduct of inflammation. With this method, you may find temporary pain relief of headaches, back aches, sprains and arthritic aches and pains.
Alkaline water (pH range: 8.5 to 9.5+)
Alkaline Ionized Water
Alkaline ionized water is smoother and lighter due to its micro-clustered structure, which allows you to drink your daily limit without feeling bloated or waterlogged. Being fully hydrated is one of the best things you can do for your body, as water is necessary for all basic functions, and we naturally lose about two liters a day. Many common ailments like lack of energy, headaches and hunger pangs are actually signs of dehydration, so drink up for better health. We recommend consuming a minimum of half your body weight in ounces of 9.5 alkaline ionized water daily.
Alkaline ionized water is rich in antioxidants due to its negative ionic charge and can therefore effectively scavenge for free radicals which seek to destroy our cells. In addition to the free radicals our bodies fight on a daily basis after being subjected to acidic food and drinks, pollution, negativity, extreme workouts, etc. Free radicals speed up the aging process so neutralizing them may slow the aging process and appearance of saggy skin, lines and wrinkles.
Alkaline ionized water also aids in the detoxification process as its smaller cluster size is able to penetrate our cells deeper than conventional water. Even those on a raw food vegan diet living in rural areas experience toxins on a daily basis and can benefit from the detoxifying effects of alkaline ionized water.
Cooking & Food Preparation
Alkaline ionized water naturally enhances the flavors of food, so you won't need to use as much butter and seasonings. Try soaking your meat or fish in alkaline water before cooking to tenderize and kill bacteria. It makes rice fluffier and soups and stews tastier. It also boils water faster, cutting cooking time by about 25%.
You only need half the amount of tea leaves and coffee beans to prepare those popular beverages when brewing with alkaline ionized water. Not only that but the ionization pulls the flavor out so effectively that you don't even need to heat the water to brew tea! Coffees and teas will taste richer also. Try mixing with alcohol or your favorite juice to offset their natural acidity.
Alkaline Water pH 8.5
Those new to drinking alkaline water should start at this level for the first few weeks of consumption and then slowly increase to a 9.5. This is due to the fact that most people starting out will be highly acidic and will experience detoxifying effects that will be easier to handle and less of a shock to the body if you start out at a lower level.
This is also the recommended drinking level for pets, who can also experience health benefits from drinking alkaline water.
Plants & Flowers
While most growing plants and flowers crave ionized acid water since they "breathe out" oxygen and "breathe in" carbon dioxide, cut flowers benefit from alkaline ionized water the same way we do! The life of cut flowers may be extended and in some cases somewhat revived when alkaline ionized water is used on them.
pH 7.0- Natural Water
When Alkaline Water is Not Recommended
Water with a pH of 7.0 is considered neutral (neither acid nor alkaline) and is safe for making infant formula, taking with medication and during meals. It is recommended that children only drink this level until they are between 4 years of age as children are naturally more alkaline. It is also recommended that you do not drink alkaline ionized water with medications, as the micro-clustered molecules may cause time-release tablets to be released into your system quicker than desired.
And finally, if you are drinking more than four ounces of water with meals, it is recommended that you drink 7.0 pH filtered water instead of alkaline ionized water so as not to interfere with the stomach acid needed to break down your food. You should also drink filtered instead of alkaline ionized water one hour before and after meals for the same reason.
Although drinking alkaline water is important for optimum health, acidic water also has many beneficial uses as well:
Acidic water (pH range: 2.8 to 5.5)
- Skin care: By keeping the pH of your skin at its natural slightly acidic level of 5.5, you can control the growth of acne-causing bacteria and help slow down the signs of aging like lines, wrinkles and saggy skin. Washing your face with acidic water can improve the complexion of your skin as it works as a natural astringent and removes dirt and oil without the use of chemicals. Acidic water also acts as an all-natural toner, aftershave and makeup remover and can replace many expensive skin care and anti-acne products in your home.
- Hair Care:Most shampoos on the market have a much higher pH levels than your scalps natural level, not to mention sulfates and other chemicals which can cause dandruff, imbalance, and decrease your natural shine. Try using ionized acidic water instead of shampoo or as a final rinse on your hair after each shower to balance its pH level.
- Gardening: The right acidic setting of water can also improve seeding and germination, and can be used instead of industrial pesticides in farms. The ideal pH needed for different plants, vegetables and trees may vary so be sure to research beforehand.
- External Healing: Use strong pH ionized acidic water on burns, cuts, and scrapes to speed up the healing process. Also effective against athletes foot, ingrown nails and hairs, acne, minor open wounds, eye and ear infections, dry cracked skin or skin ulcers, and eczema.
- Natural Cleaner & Disinfectant: Strong acidic water is an Eco-friendly and hypoallergenic alternative to toxic household cleaners like Lysol and Windex. Ionized acidic water has been 3rd party lab tested and verified to be able to disinfect e-coli and staph on contact. It works on tiles, counter tops, and glass and is an effective sanitizer for your kitchen utensils, counter tops, knives, and cutting boards.
- Dental Hygiene: Strong ionized acidic water is an effective disinfectant for your toothbrush, and can replace your costly alcohol-based mouthwash. If you have any minor mouth issues like gum inflammation, cold sores, or a sore throat, trying rinsing with it until symptoms subside. Cats and dogs can also benefit from having their mouths scrubbed with a toothbrush soaked in acidic water.
- Pet Care: Try washing your pet with strong ionized acidic water to reduce pet skin and fur odors and improve the shininess of their coat. You can also spray carpets and fabrics to eliminate pet odors, remove pet stains and sanitize the area.
- Gargling: Prevents infection of germs by killing the microbes that cause colds and tonsillitis.
- Burns: Alleviates the pain of burns and hastens recovery.
- Chapped Hands: Accelerates recovery from chapped hands.
- Sunburn: Relieves inflammation and accelerates recovery.
- Abrasions and Cuts: Disinfects and accelerates recovery.
- House Cleaning: Dirt and grime are removed.
- Polishing: Effectively cleans mirrors, glass, knives, and eyeglasses.
- Cutting Board: Quickly washes and disinfects.
- Pots and Pans with Baked Food: When soaked overnight, stains and burns are removed.
- Sponges: Fungal and bacterial growth is stopped, preventing bad smells and contamination.
Click to Enlarge & Print